Friday, July 6, 2012

Freedom Run

For the second year in a row, Chad and I started the 4th of July participating in the 5/10K Freedom Run in Junction City.
I have no idea how I tweaked my back about a week ago, but it kept me away from running for 5 days.  I was glad that I had signed up for the 5K because of this but the run went better than I expected. It wasn't my fastest 5K time, but I finished in 29:42.  Chad had a great run and finished his 5K in just over 25 minutes!
Our next race will be August 4th running the Brew 2 Shoe 10K in Manhattan.  Nursing my back left my mileage on the short side for week one of my training.  But I successfully finished my first long run of 4 miles today.  As I continue to run in the heat and humidity, I keep reminding myself how strong I will feel once the cooler weather arrives before the October race date and not focus on my much slower pace averages.  I am hopeful my back will continue to feel better and next week I will log all the miles on week 2 of my training schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and have fun! It's great that you two run together.

    ReplyDelete