My last long run is in the books! I ran 12 miles on Friday and I was able to average a 9:55 pace while taking on a challenging course full of many more hills than we will see in Lincoln. It was a huge confidence boost and now it is time to taper before May 5th.
Friday night was the Marlatt Fair which was a fun and chaotic night. Okay, this year I would have to admit there was more fun and less than chaos than I have remembered in the past. :)
We have had a very busy weekend full of fun and visitors. On Friday evening a friend of Chad's and fellow Hildreth High School Alum, Jeremy and his awesome girlfriend Shannyn came down as Jeremy ran his first marathon on Saturday in Abliene. Jeremy is training for an Ironman Triathlon this summer and Chad met up with Jeremy on the back half of the marathon course on Saturday. It was great to meet them and congratulations to Jeremy on completing his first marathon!!!
And today we have also had a great time playing with Aunt Christa, cousin Wyatt along with Grandma and Grandpa Bunger.
And our busy Saturday ended with a swim in the hotel pool before heading home to crash. I have been pretty stiff and sore today from yesterday's run.....and now that I recap all that has happened between the time I completed my 2 hour run to now, it seems as though the running may have never really stopped? :)





No comments:
Post a Comment