It is now less than a month away from my 7th half marathon!
And to celebrate Friday, Daddy and Collin made a trip to Varsity Donuts . And again, he got the thumbs up pose. :)
And thanks to my folks for keeping the boys overnight Friday....Chad and I had a date night and were even able to do our long run together on Saturday morning. Chad had 10 to complete and I only needed to do 6. However, I wanted to keep up with Chad and try to stay close to my desired race pace (which is sub 10 minute miles) for the entire 6 miles. Despite the strong wind still blowing, I was able to complete the run in 57:58 and averaged a 9:40 minute mile pace. I only struggled when we were running straight into the wind and I also ran with no hydration belt. So this was a huge boost for my confidence in the pacing department and also made me feel confident that I could run the half marathon with my hydration belt this race and soley rely on the water stations.
After lunch we picked up the boys and headed to the KSU Baseball game where today was Jr. Wildcat Day!
The weather was perfect, both boys had fun playing with friends and fellow Jr Wildcat Club Members at the game and both boys even participated in the shoe race early in the game.
Week 13 starts tomorrow with a 4 mile easy run and ends with my last 4 mile tempo run (hurray!) and last long run of 12 miles in my training schedule.





No comments:
Post a Comment