That's right.....not only did I finish the St Patty's Day 10K in under an hour, but I crushed my previous personal best of 1:00:40! Originally I was just wanting to finish under an hour, even if that meant a time fo 59:59. Chad was sure I would be able to finish in 57 minutes....and I thought he and was nuts!
Still, my biggest supporter was confident and after running 13 miles before the 10:45 start time on Saturday....he joined me to finish his 19 mile run by also running the 10K with me. After running for 13 miles, Chad was able to push me to keep a strong pace. There was no way I would have kept the 9:03 minute mile pace without him as my running partner. Once we hit the turn around point, it was cool, breezy and it had started to rain....not ideal running conditions. Chad pushed me through a brief mental block around mile 3.5 and I was able to finish the 6.2 mile course in 56:03!!!!!!!! Bettering my PR by 4:17 was a great feeling.....I'm still no speed demon, but I continue to get faster and stronger.
Nice job!! Is this the Aggieville St. Pat's 10k? We finished very close together, I did it in 55:56 for my first official 10k in a race format. Great job on the PR, that always feels so good!!
ReplyDelete