Angela's 1/2 marathon training schedule: week 13
Sunday: 40 minute run (easy)
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 4 mile tempo run @ 9:20
Wednesday: xt
Thursday: rest
Friday: 12 mile long run
Saturday: rest
My beautiful flowers that Chad got for me this weekend... a great way to start spring break!
I have already completed my 40 minute easy run for week 13 of my 1/2 marathon training. This week will be my last long run before I start tapering before the race on April 16th. I am off this week for spring break and the boys and I have already enjoyed the warm spring weather today by playing at the park and having a picnic lunch with my parents. I have a feeling my days of rest and cross training will involve trips to the park, riding bikes and playing basketball in the driveway.
I placed 28th out of 67 runners in my age group Saturday which is an improvement over my 37th place finish from 2010. I'm hoping to continue to train strong and hopefully have a PR again next month during my third 1/2 marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment