
St. Patrick’s Day
10K/2 Mile Road Races
March 19, 2011 (Manhattan, Kan.)
10:45 a.m. — Open 10K
http://universityextras.com/letsgorun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/10KMap.pdf
10K/2 Mile Road Races
March 19, 2011 (Manhattan, Kan.)
10:45 a.m. — Open 10K
http://universityextras.com/letsgorun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/10KMap.pdf
Chad and I will run our next race in just a few weeks. We both ran this 10K last year (and it was windy and cold!!) But it is also still my fastest 10K time to date at 1:00:04. I am really hoping I can get run this race strong and finally finish a 10K (that's 6.2 miles remember) in under an hour.
I just got back from running my long run on the Linear Trails of Manhattan. It has been years since I have been on them (they are not close to our house), but today I thought it might be a good place to run with the stiff north wind. Even though this isn't my first time entering double digit long runs....I am also so proud and amazed to accomplish running this far without stopping! The run felt good, the trail is basically flat, protected by the wind and I felt like I could have keep going at a strong pace even when I came to the end of the run. I averaged just over a 10 minute mile which is faster than my recommended pace during training, but it was good to know I could keep that pace very easily.
The craziest part about this long run is that I didn't see a single sole during my entire 1:40:37 of running 10 miles on the trail. Lots of time to think, listen to some great tunes on my MP3 Player and again just a great feeling to accomplish running 10 miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment