Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lincoln Half Marathon Update

I successfully completed my 10 mile long run before the weather took another frigid turn for the worse last weekend and now have about 5 weeks to go before my 7th half marathon!  I was happy with last week's long run where I averaged a 9:45 pace the first 4 miles, then slowed down for the last 10K of the run, ending up with a 10:15 pace.  Slow, but no part of this run was a struggle (unlike last week) and I felt like I could have kept going with no issues.

The website for the Lincoln Half Marathon includes a link to Lincoln Marathon Blog that contains some interesting facts about our upcoming race in May.  For female runners of the half marathon, I am in the second largest age group and Chad is in the largest age group for male runners.  I guess this is a popular age to tackle 13.1 miles?!
This silly cousin's picture really hasn't got a thing to do with my post, but this kind of goofy fun needs to be documented in some way and a post without a picture just seems boring in my opinion. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment