Monday, March 25, 2013

The Tutor

Over spring break Mitchell brought home some math packets he was given for extension learning because he usually finishes his math early. He does such a great job in school and are thrilled with how well he is doing! Even though these weren't assigned as homework ( and believe me the discussion about why we'd do them anyway was interesting) he has been working on completing this more complex version of his math curriculum.

I would say "we" helped Mitchell....but that would only mean my helping was clearing the table and watching Chad at work with patience I can't explain. Really, I'm about as helpful as our cat in this picture!  Finding ways to help Mitchell understand mathematical  sense & not losing his cool when the typical kid response of just wanting to be done quickly kicks in.....I'm in total awe of his skills of teaching and coaching. Smart, handsome, a great dad and now math tutoring expert.....I hit a home run when I married this one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment