Sunday, March 3, 2013

Something New

Even when life gets busy, there is always time for a good book and some togetherness time.
This past week seemed very long and was very busy for all of us.  I was excited to try something new in my district, introducing on-line elective enrollment to 6th grade classes that will come to EMS next year.  I put a lot of time into this and wasn't sure how it would go since it hadn't been done in my current district before....even though I had quite a bit of experience using this same program in my past district.  I am super excited at how well all of the students have done so far and besides a few minor glitches....so far it has been working great!
With an evening meeting, enrollment, a conference on Thursday and the usual swimming lesson and basketball practices for the boys....sticking to my training schedule was difficult this week.  I was able to get in the miles I needed, but my eating habits and any cross training were suspect, to say the least.  However, I have some new tunes loaded to my ipod shuffle and a NEW Garmin watch for my 4 mile run today that I am very excited to use!  My previous GPS watch was a Timex and bit the dust about two weeks ago after less than a year of use.  So I decided to upgrade to the Garmin....and even opted for pink?!?!?
Last but not least, I was so surprised and honored to be named the Sylan Learning Center Counselor of the Year on Friday!!!  I love what I do!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Angela - so much to be proud of this week!!

    ReplyDelete