Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Break....Tail End

After running an easy 2+ miles Thursday morning, I did some more major spring cleaning!  I think that we do a pretty good job keeping our house cleaned and picked up....and then when I do some hard core cleaning, I start to question this.  Hidden areas of the dishwasher, baseboards, corners behind doors, and a full cookie found under a couch made my cleaning go into overdrive this morning!
Cleaning didn't dominate our whole day and in the afternoon we took out to partake in Cosmic Bowling!
It was a tight game, but Mommy was the winner, but I won't post any scores and all agreed it was a great mommy and boys event.  Mitchell and Collin even provided commentary for each bowler....too bad we couldn't add in creativity points to our final scores?
Mitchell had originally requested Call Hall for an ice cream treat afterwards, but we had to settle for Purple Swirl instead as his first choice was closed.  We love this local establishment that is similar to Orange Leaf!  Mitchell created and combination of Root Beer Yogurt, Cheese Cake Yogurt and Cake Batter Yogurt topped with Nerds, Carmel, sprinkles and a cherry on top.  To my surprise, he finished it all and this crazy combination did not cause a giant tummy ache!! 


Today is our last week day of spring break.  And even though the weather hasn't felt like spring, the boys and I have had a great week together!  Today Collin got to have a play date with one of his favorite friends from school, Caleb.  I think he asked a minimum of 50 times this morning if it was almost time for us to pick him up, he was very excited!

I also finished my spring break read "Reached" this afternoon.  I enjoyed the series (the two previous books are titled Matched and Crossed) a great deal and would highly recommend it if you enjoyed the Hunger Games Series.  I have had many conversations with several of my students about this series and so I was anxious read the last installment and now get it back to the school library so one of my students who has it on reserve can read it as well.
Later this afternoon I also plan to get in my 10 mile long run as more snow is in the forecast for the weekend.  I'll take 10 miles outside in the cold (but dry) conditions any day of over trying to attempt this same distance on a treadmill!!


No comments:

Post a Comment